There is one internship opportunity currently available at EPD from the end of September 2014 for a period of 5-6 months (depending on the availability of the candidate). The deadline to respond is the 19th of September 2014 at midnight Brussels time.
Application, with a CV and cover letter, or any further questions should be sent to [email protected]
Duties and responsibilities:
◦ Providing assistance to the EPD Programme Managers in monitoring EPD’s projects, with a focus on financial reporting;
◦ Providing assistance in writing project proposals;
◦ Maintaining the EPD documents database on Democracy Assistance;
◦ Providing other kinds of assistance as requested.
◦ Posting articles on the EPD website;
◦ Developing and maintaining the contacts database;
◦ Checking information (agenda and jobs) on the websites of EPD associated organisations;
◦ Promoting the work of EPD and its associated organisations through all available channels;
◦ Editing and distributing communication material.
◦ Drafting and updating country analyses related to democracy assistance;
◦ Attending and writing reports/minutes from EU events related to EPD’s field of work;
◦ Updating the EPD funding review on a monthly basis;
◦ Assisting with such administrative tasks as scanning, filing and preparing for events;
◦ Assisting in the daily functioning of the organisation.
◦ Young professional or recently graduated student with Political Sciences or International Affairs background with a good knowledge of EU Affairs;
◦ Professional or academic knowledge of democracy assistance and good governance;
◦ Strong written and oral communication skills;
◦ Native or very fluent English speaker (French, Russian or Arabic are an asset but not a requirement);
◦ Essential IT skills (Microsoft Office);
◦ Efficiency and organisation skills;
◦ Able to work independently;
◦ Able to handle multiple tasks or projects simultaneously.
Conditions and benefits:
◦ 5 to 6 month assignment on a short-term contract signed by EPD and the intern or, if applicable, a student’s home University/School/Institute;
◦ Interns are fully involved in all aspects of our work; they are part of an international team that supports them in acquiring skills to work in an international organisation and hands-on knowledge of how major international actors and stakeholders inter-relate, at the European and global levels;
◦ Please note that EPD does not pay for internships and that the intern will need to obtain financing for subsistence and make his/her own arrangements for travel and accommodation;
◦ The intern will be based in Brussels during the internship programme;
◦ Monthly public transport ticket provided by EPD (unlimited public transport for Brussels);
◦ Lunch reimbursement of up to 140 EUR per month also provided;
◦ Possibility to attend workshops, lectures and other events within and outside of EPD;
◦ Participation in training programmes (if these occur during the timeframe of the internship);
◦ Letter of reference and evaluation grid at the end of a successful internship;
◦ Career opportunity in Programme Management, Communication and Advocacy jobs within NGO’s, nonprofit organisations or any small to midsize organisation.