On September 19, 2012, East Europe Foundation – Moldova (EEF-M) signed a contract with the EU Delegation in Moldova for the project “Building bridges between NGOs, business associations and media from Moldova, Ukraine and Russia for conflict prevention in Transnistria”. The European Partnership for Democracy (EPD) is a partner in this project.
The action started on November 1st, 2012 and is aiming at boosting the capacity of civil society organizations, business community and media in the region to meaningfully participate in conflict prevention processes in Transnistria. The project will bring together stakeholders from Moldova (including the Transnistrian region), Ukraine and Russia and will use the low politics approach towards cooperation between them.
On the 28-29 November, EEF will host a regional conference in Chisinau that will involve discussions on funding instruments and the launch of a grants competition.
In this context, EEF-M in cooperation with EPD is recruiting 5 international experts in the following expert positions:
- Community Mobilization
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Economic Development
- Social Inclusion
- Positive non-political reporting
The five experts will be requested to give a 15-minutes presentation on good practices in the relevant subject followed by a Q&A session and group exercises (problem analysis, identification of potential solutions and ideas for future projects). The experts will be both presenting the best practices in the field and moderate the Working Group Sessions. The sessions should be interactive and will last the full day of the 29th November (9AM to 4PM).
The experts must have the following qualities:
- Situational awareness (sharing information/facilitating the debate on the current situation, the capacities, the needs, the views and the potential role of civil society actors in settling the Transnistrian conflict);
- Practical experience in conducting interactive trainings
- Practical experience of project management
- Experience of working in the region or in regions with similar situation
- At least 7 years of proven experience in trainings;
- Expertise in one of the 5 relevant fields;
- Knowledge of the Transnistrian context;
- Fluent in Russian or English (simultaneous interpretation will be provided)
In order to apply please send a CV, a cover letter and a price offer (clearly stating if which expert position you are applying for) to Ken Godfrey, Programmes Officer at the European Partnership for Democracy at [email protected] by November 15, 2013 (please note that accommodation/consummation costs and travelling expenses will be covered through the project and shall not be included in the price offer).