ALDA has opened a call for proposals for activities and events, which will take place from 22 October to 31 December 2018. ALDA will be supporting the organization and implementation of the selected activities.
The applications should be committed to the advancement of ALDA’s main goal, which is promoting good governance and citizen participation at the local level in Europe. Eligible activities must promote the active involvement of citizens on the most current issues on the EU agenda and contribute to an ever-integrated European Union.
Priority of the actions:
- to contribute to citizens’ understanding of the Union, its history and diversity, pushing people to debate and act jointly about the Future of the European Union, in order to allow them to determine their own path and future
- to promote solidarity, also by promoting informative and raising-awareness activities and debates on 4 priorities: counter radicalism, employment, migration, inequalities;
- to raise awareness about the upcoming EU Elections in 2019, pushing people to have a clear understanding of how EU will develop over the years, and how they can contribute.
- to push people to actively contribute to their integration process, with a clear focus on the enlargement process of the South-Eastern Europe Region.
- to foster European citizenship and to promote civic participation at a European and local level, and to support and empower civil society, in order to make them be a stronger voice in front of decision makers, activating civic initiatives, citizen participation, and volunteering;
- to support decentralization and development of capacities and awareness of local and regional authorities;
- to foster cooperation between local authorities and civil society and multilevel governance;
- to protect and involve different target groups, focusing on underrepresented groups such as minorities, migrants, asylum seekers, and third-nationals – promoting thus social inclusion and integration through civic participation.
Deadline for applications: 12 October.
For further information, you may contact Francesco Pala: francesco.pala@